Spring has sprung! Are you ready for the new beginnings it’s offering us? Maybe this year make a point of starting something new that you’ve been waiting and wanting to do, but just haven’t gotten around to yet?
The earth is opening up in all her glory to us. Spring is quite literally the season of creativity; so don’t miss out on the gift of inspiration being offered to you. Look around you at the new leaves, flowers, baby birds. Immerse yourself in the sights, scents, and sounds of all the new activity around you. Allow the newness to motivate you, moving you out of your winter inertia and into a something wonderful. It can be as small or as large as you’d like: a new recipe, a new art project, a new business idea, a new path to work. It’s all up to you. Just make it something new and new different.
- Make a point of spending a few moments outside each day.
- Be fully present and aware of the new energy that surrounds you.
- Breathe it all in. Allow yourself to feel connected to and part of it all with each breath.
- Ask yourself,”what path shall I take now?” Be open to the answer. It may just surprise you.
- Let the ideas grow and develop each day as you take a little time for you and your creative thoughts.
What do you think? It’s surprising what you can accomplish when you allow yourself to take the time; even just for a few moments. Ready to give it a try?
Be happy and well,
Sari Roth-Roemer, Ph.D.